COBRA is the acronym of
The COBRA group is specialized in the manufacturing and distribution of conveyor components for the material handling industry.
It was formed in 2001 and it grew up over the years combining five over-70 years old established businesses:
||Conveyor belts for the mining, tunnelling, quarries, and heavy-duty processing industries.
||Conveyor belts for the agriculture and the food industries
||Conveyor belts for the individual items transport and packaging industries.
||Components to optimize the operation of the conveyor system
||Vulcanizing presses for jointing or repairing conveyor belts
The COBRA Group is present worldwide, with a combined turnover of 100 million USD and 500 employees.
The COBRA group is the fifth world group in manufacturing of conveyor belts.
DEPREUX is the second world in underground mine business and the first brand in China.
TRANSCO is the European first one in conveyor belts business for food industries.
The COBRA Group is organized in three main operational areas:
“EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST, AFRICA”, called “GREATER EUROPE”
“ASIA-PACIFIC”: including "FAR EAST, AMERICAS, AUSTRALIA"
In the “GREATER EUROPE” Area:
- COBRA has two belting manufacturing factories: France and Poland, in which the whole range of textile belts and belts with metallic carcasses are manufactured.
- COBRA has one main distribution centre in Lille, France, with a very large inventory of all products manufactured by the group.
- COBRA has two sales subsidiaries:
Cobra Eurasia in Kemerovo, Russia
Cobra Africa in Johannesburg, South Africa
The total sales in this area is around 40 million Euros with a total number of employees in the area of around 180 employees.
In the “CHINA” Area:
COBRA has three manufacturing facilities in China:
- one for belting in Huainan, Anhui province, in which the whole range of textile (multiply, straight-warp, solid-woven PVC and PVG) as well as steel-cord are manufactured.
- two for conveyor components, one in Shanghai and one in Huaibei, Anhui province. These factories manufacture mechanical fasteners, impact loading station, belt cleaners, jointing vulcanising presses, special idlers, etc...
In the “ASIA-PACIFIC” Area:
- COBRA has a production plant project and two sales subsidiaries with enough stock to serve efficiently the local markets.
Cobra America located in Bristol, Tennessee
Cobra South Pacific, in Australia, with two branches, one in Penrith, Sydney and one in Mackay Queensland.
Current total sales in the area is around 30 million USD with approximately 20 employees.